Getting back into the swing of things can be scary, but we’re here to help! COVID has brought its challenges and we are here to ease your mind when hopping back in the car or on a plane to a new destination.
Here are 10 simple tips to get you out the door:
- Wear a mask over your nose and mouth when in the airport, on a plane, or when you’re hopping out of the car for a rest stop.
- We found these affordable and reusable masks here.
- Avoid crowds and stay at least 6 feet from anyone not traveling with you.
- Practice good hygiene. Yes, we know this sounds repetitive, but sometimes we don’t realize just how often we are touching our eyes, nose, or mouth. Be aware of what you’re touching!
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (with atleast 60% alcohol)
- Our favorite hand sanitizer (and it smells good too!): Palmpalm
- Bring your own drinks and snacks to avoid crowds/standing in line.
- When choosing a place to stay, opt for a place where air can circulate through open windows. Ex: a room with a balcony or terrace, go camping
- Choose outdoor activities- when outdoors, risk of transmission is low. Walk along the beach, take a hike, bike through the city.
- Carry antibacterial wipes to wipe down surfaces. Our pick: Honest
- Stay up to date with travel advice. If you are traveling internationally, check the US State Department website leading up to your trip for the latest information and advice.