Everybody knows I love where I come from. The Capital Region is home for me and I want to see it shine. I spend a lot of time exploring the nooks and crannies of this region, always on the hunt for new, small, local businesses with character. Coffee culture is a huge part of my life, and my travels. Local coffee shops are the eyes into the culture of the place you are in. I’ve met some lifelong friends in coffee shops, and have made crazy networking connections in local spots. There’s something about them that sparks creativity in me, there’s a big energy that filters through these shops (and it’s not just the caffeine).
I put together a list (not in any particular order), of my favorite coffee shops in the Capital Region in hopes you’ll check them out, support local business, and find inspiration in the atmosphere and people you encounter here.
- Superior Merchandise Company – I like to say this is the coolest, most hipster specialty coffee shop/design shop/community gathering space in the whole region. Whenever I have friends visit from out of town, I bring them there because I want them to see the “dopeness” of where I live.
- Little Peck’s – There are few things as pleasant as sitting in the garden area of this coffee shop with their killer egg and cheese biscuit and a mocha latte. When I’m dreading a project, I setup shop here, because this is where I find peace.
- Stacks Espresso Bar – There are multiple locations and I love all of them, but the one on Broadway in Albany is my favorite because I’ve met the COOLEST people here. Not only are the pour-overs delicious, but there’s an awesome energy that makes you want to get shit done. Plus, the walls of the shop are just floor to ceiling windows which let’s the sun shine on through…always a plus.
- Wired Coffee – A clean-cut coffee shop with amazing bagels and ample space for meetings, the Wired Coffee on Albany Shaker Rd. is the perfect place to have a meeting and then stay for a few hours to work on a project. I love the location, it’s close to my home and there really aren’t many coffee shops in the area that serve high-quality, delicious food and coffee.
- Kru Coffee – It’s a bit out of the way for me, headquartered in Saratoga, but it’s always worth the trip. The place has a cozy, industrial feel and a quality/taste that is key to me loving the place so much. Plus, I still dream of the breakfast sandwich I got a few weeks back.
Hope you’ll pop on by and try these gems out yourself! Support local business, tag them in your posts, tag us in your posts – let me know what you think.
Enjoy your week!